- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 3/4 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 whole-wheat tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced ripe olives
- jalapeno peppers
- Brown ground beef thoroughly in a skillet until well done (160̊); drain excess fat. Stir in water and chili powder; cook until near boiling and reduce heat.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Simmer until thoroughly heated.
- Blend in cheese and melt over low heat setting.
- Serve as a warm filling (1/4 cup for each tortilla) to make 8 wrap sandwiches using favorite garnishes.
- Immediately refrigerate any filling not used in a shallow container with lid to enjoy as a planned-ahead meal 1-2 days later.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!