Submitted by: Rosalie Parker, Week Four’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
- 1 cup milk
- 16 large marshmallows (or about 2 cups mini)
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange jello
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 or 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped or 1 (8 oz.) tub of Cool Whip
- Heat milk and marshmallows over low heat until marshmallows melt. Pour over dry jello. Mix well until jello is dissolved.
- Stir a little of the hot jello into the cream cheese, gradually incorporating it all in, and the mixture is smooth.
- Add undrained pineapple and drained oranges.
- Refrigerate until thick, about 45 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream or Cool Whip. Pour into dish and refrigerate until firm.
NOTE: This recipe my dear mother-in-law gave me shortly after we were married, and I have made it many times over the years.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!