- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, very finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl with hand mixer, beat sugar and butter together on medium high speed until creamy and pale in color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, mix to combine.
- Add flour, pistachios and salt; mix until just combined.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into rounded balls and place on prepared baking sheets, about 1-inch apart.
- Bake until cookies just begin to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on pan until cool enough to touch but still warm, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar again.
- *If you use salted pistachios, omit salt in the cookies.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!