Originally appeared: November 14, 1996
- 1 can peach slices
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pkg. vanilla pudding mix (NOT instant, 3 1/8oz.)
- 1 egg
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Drain peach slices reserving 3 tablespoons juice.
- Combine flour, salt, butter, milk, baking powder, vanilla pudding mix and egg. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Pour into greased 9 inch pie plate. Arrange peach slices over batter. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/2 cup sugar and reserved peach juice.
- Spoon mixture over peaches leaving 1 inch margin around side of dish. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover and chill until serving time.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!