Submitted by Rick Tytko of Brecksville, Ohio
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 Tbsp. cornmeal or caraway seed
- 1 (10oz.) can refrigerated Ready made pizza crust
- (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1-16oz. jar or can sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seed
- 1 (4.5 oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb. Polish kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/8” slices
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes)
- Heat oven to 425°. Lightly grease 13×9-inch pan or 12-inch pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Unroll dough and place in greased pan; starting at center, press out with hands. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook onion and bacon until light brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low.
- Add sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon caraway seed; simmer 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in mushrooms.
- Spread over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Top with sausage slices, sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until edges of crust or deep golden brown and cheese is melted. 6-8 servings.