- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of pie shell.
- Prick sides of pastry with a fork.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and spices in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin.
- Gradually add cream.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!