- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut up
- 4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 -12 button mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 -2 beef bouillon cube (optional)
- Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until hot and add the meat all at once (do not turn for at least 1 minute – you really want to let the meat sear. Stir the meat, letting it brown on all sides. Next, add the onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, golden mushroom soup, water and optional beef bouillon (the bouillon gives a stronger flavor) Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over high heat. Cook 15 minutes. Cool pot immediately and serve. If the gravy isn’t thick enough then stir a bit of cornstarch into some cold water (only about 1 T to half a cup of water) and add to the gravy. Bring to a boil and the gravy will thicken.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!