— Gwen Wolford of Circleville, Ohio
(I asked my friend Gwen for her recipe… she’s from Circleville, home of the Pumpkin Festival, so naturally her chili has pumpkin in it! – Susan Crowell)
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 qt tomato juice
- 1 – 12 oz can tomato sauce or puree
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, heaping
- Combine all ingredients and simmer, covered, for an hour to an hour and a half, stir occasionally.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!