- 2 to 3 cups leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake, muffins or gingerbread
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for topping.
- Divide remaining crumbs into four portions; sprinkle one portion into a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices; beat until smooth.
- Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; spoon half into bowl.
- Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then remaining portion of crumbs and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs around the edge of bowl.
- Garnish with cherries if desired.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!