- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup Marzetti’s® Caramel Dip
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers.
- Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling.
- Repeat layers three times.
- Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in the refrigerator.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!