You can find the gift tag for this recipe and others here.
- 1 1/3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Layer the ingredients in a 1-quart jar in the order given.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next one.
- Put the lid on the jar.
- Attach these Instructions:
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing.
- Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!