You can find the gift tag for this recipe and others here.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda – stir well.
- Place flour mixture in a clean Glass jar.
- Pack down tight so everything will fit.
- Add other ingredients, one item at a time, packing each layer down.
- Put the lid on the jar
- Attach these Instructions:
You will need:
- 3/4 cup butter or shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Whip butter or shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and applesauce and beat until mixed.
- Stir in the ingredients from this jar until well combined.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes at 350°.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!