- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce or pre-packaged iceberg lettuce mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips, any style (optional)
- Place beef steak and 1 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill top round steak, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, beans and corn in shallow serving bowl; toss.
- Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of salad.
- Drizzle dressing and 1/3 cup salsa separately over beef.
- Sprinkle with chips, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!