Submitted by Debra Flinner of Canton, Ohio
- 3 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, salt and orange juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer covered 6-8 minutes or when rhubarb is tender.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, combine pureed rhubarb and strawberries in a bowl.
- Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form; gently fold into rhubarb strawberry mixture.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!