- 8 small potatoes (2 pounds, sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk, whole
- Wash potatoes; peel and cut into thin slices.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in heavy, deep skillet. Remove skillet from heat; spread half of potato slices in skillet.
- Cover potatoes with onions. Sprinkle half of flour and pepper over potato mixture.
- Add remaining potato slices, flour and pepper. Cut 1 Tablespoon of margarine into small pieces and place on top of potato mixture.
- Pour milk over potato mixture; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.