You can find the gift tag for this recipe and others here.
- 1/4 cup dried split green peas
- 1/4 cup dried split yellow peas
- 1/4 cup pearled barley
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils
- 1/4 cup dried, minced onion
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked, sealed in plastic sandwich bag
- Layer ingredients as listed in a 1-qt., wide-mouth glass jar.
- Attach these instructions:
You will need:
- 1-lb. ground beef or turkey
- 3 qts. water
- 1-28oz. can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Remove macaroni from jar and set aside.
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef or turkey and drain excess grease.
- Place in a large stockpot along with 3 quarts of water, diced tomatoes and the rest of the contents of the jar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add macaroni. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer until veggies and macaroni are tender.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!