- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 can canned chopped tomatoes (15.5 ounces, undrained)
- 2 cups water
- Brown green pepper and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in the spices, rice, tomatoes with juice, and water.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is done.
Makes 6 servings, each with Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 31 g.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!