- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 7 ounces (3/4 cup) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Fontina cheese, shredded
- 8 slices soft sourdough bread 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Add garlic and shallots to food processor with salt. When garlic is finely chopped, add cream cheese and process until well blended.
- Add artichokes and pulse until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Remove the artichoke mixture from the food processor and place in a medium bowl. Stir in Parmesan and spinach.
- Heat a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.Spread each slice of bread with approximately 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Spread the unbuttered sides of four slices of bread with a generous amount of the spinach artichoke mixture and top each with about 1 ounce of grated Fontina. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Transfer sandwiches to the hot skillet. Grill until bread is golden and cheese is melted, turning once during grilling.