Spooky Parmesan Chicken Fingers
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Food coloring, optional
- 24 sliced almonds
- Ranch salad dressing
- Warm marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs, flour and mayonnaise in a shallow, large bowl until blended. Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in another shallow, large bowl.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut chicken lengthwise into 1-inch strips. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared pan.
- Using a new paint brush, paint food coloring if desired on almonds. Brush narrow ends of chicken strips with egg mixture; press on almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in meat reads 165°F.
- Tint ranch salad dressing with 1 drop green food coloring if desired. Serve chicken fingers with dressing and marinara sauce.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!