- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
Add squash and onion.
Reduce heat; cover and cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
Drain well; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, stuffing and the contents of seasoning packet, chilies, salt and pepper.
Fold in squash mixture.
Pour into a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!