Submitted by Debra Flinner of Canton, OH
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 t. white vinegar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8-10 drops green food coloring
- Place popcorn in a large roasting pan; keeping warm in a 250° oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Cook & stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 260° (hard ball stage).
- Remove from heat, stir in butter until melted.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Yield: 6 quarts.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!