- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 (8 oz.) containers mascarpone*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp. strawberry preserves, melted
- 2 (24-count) package ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream*
- 4 tsp. strawberry extract
- Cocoa for topping
- Place sliced strawberries in a large bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice. Gently stir and set aside.
- Whip cream until peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine mascarpone, powdered sugar and melted preserves in a mixing bowl. Beat until blended and smooth. Stir in half of the whipped cream. Set aside.
- Place ladyfingers in a pan and drizzle with orange juice.
- Whisk the rest of the whipped cream with the strawberry extract. Set aside.
- To assemble: Spread half of the cheese filling in the bottom of an 9-inch-x13-inch baking dish. Layer half of the ladyfingers on top. Add half of the sliced strawberries. Pour some of the juice over the ladyfingers. Spread half of the strawberry-flavored whipped cream over the berries.
- Repeat these steps again.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder. Slice and serve with additional strawberries, if desired.
* NOTE: You can substituted two 8 oz. packages of cream cheese for mascarpone and two 16-ounce container of whipped cream for the heavy whipping cream.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!