- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook just for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain Mash potatoes with butter.
- Add the marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!