Swiss Cheese Corn Bake
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 6 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 oz. Swiss Cheese – shredded, about 1 c., divided
- 3 c. corn – whole kernel, canned or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. margarine – melted
- In a bowl, combine milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and 3/4 c. cheese. Add corn.
- Place in a greased 10″ x 6″ x 1 1/2“ baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs, margarine and remaining 1/4 c. cheese together and then sprinkle over the corn mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven.
Note: For a variety in the topping texture, potato sticks may be used instead of the bread crumbs. Finely chopped green peppers or carrots may be added to the recipe as well.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!