- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 ozs. Swiss cheese slices, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
Layer half the potatoes, 1/4 cup onion, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 1 tablespoon butter in slow cooker. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on high 4 hours. Remove potatoes with slotted spoon to serving dish. Blend milk and flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir mixture into slow cooker. Add cheese; stir to combine. Cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!