- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
- 3 cups non-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded reduced fat
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and saute the onion and garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the flour, milk, mustard and seasonings in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the skillet followed by the corn; mix well until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir frequently to keep the mixture from burning.
- Divide into four bowls and top each with 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Serving size, 1 1/4 cup chowder. Total Calories, 210. Total Fat, 3 g.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!