- 6 pita bread (about 12 ozs.), cut in thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek seasoning
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 3/4 (about 12 ozs.) bruschetta
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can olive slices, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, preferably fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Heat oven to 400°. Place bread in single layer on large sheet pan and bake 5 to 8 minutes, until lightly toasted.
Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add seasoning, toasted pita bread and broth; stir until bread is uniformly moistened. Stir in bruschetta, olives, lemon juice, salt and pepper and parsley. Heat through. Keep warm or reheat immediately before serving.