- 6 pita bread (about 12 ozs.), cut in thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek seasoning
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 3/4 (about 12 ozs.) bruschetta
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can olive slices, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, preferably fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Heat oven to 400°. Place bread in single layer on large sheet pan and bake 5 to 8 minutes, until lightly toasted.
Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add seasoning, toasted pita bread and broth; stir until bread is uniformly moistened. Stir in bruschetta, olives, lemon juice, salt and pepper and parsley. Heat through. Keep warm or reheat immediately before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!