- 3 quarts tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups green peppers, chopped (about 2 large bell peppers)
- 1 (12-oz) jar jalapeno peppers (in vinegar, drained)
- 1 cup long green chilies, seeded and chopped (about 3 chilies)
- 3 cups onions, chopped (about 3 medium)
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (12-oz.) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups bottled lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
Combine all ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and continue boiling for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle hot salsa into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims. Cap with properly pretreated lids. Adjust lids and process in a boiling
water canner for 20 minutes. Makes about 16 pints.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!