- Fresh Basil Salsa:
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1/2 fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Stir together salsa ingredients; cover and allow to stand 30 minutes.
- 1 focaccia round loaf, sliced horizontally
- 3 leaves leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 3/4 lb. fully-cooked smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 4 ozs. provolone or mozzarella cheese, shredded
Place bottom round of bread on plate or other flat surface and top with lettuce leaves, sliced turkey, shredded cheese, and salsa. Place remaining round of focaccia over ingredients. To serve, cut into wedges.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!