- 1 can low-sodium whole kernel corn (about 15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or jalapeño chilies, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 flour tortillas, 6-inch size
- In a large bowl, combine corn and cornmeal.
- Add onions, green pepper, rice, chili powder, and pepper.
- If using cayenne and jalapeño chilies, add them too.
- Mix well.
- Form the burger mixture into 6 equal patties about 1/2 inch thick, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray both sides of the patties with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, brown both sides of the patties over medium to high heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Bake the patties in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Toast the flour tortillas in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Place patty on half of tortilla and fold tortilla over to serve like a taco.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!