- 2 pounds round venison steak
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, if desired
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- Cut steak into eight 4-ounce servings.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and coat steak with flour mixture. Brown in oil on each side.
- Layer steak in slow cooker. Add mushrooms, carrots, and onion. Pour beef broth over steak. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!