Venison Stir Fry
- 1 lb venison (back strap or round) can substitute with beef
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup steamed brown rice
- 1/4 cup lower sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup baby corn, optional
- Cut venison into small strips and marinate in teriyaki for an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place olive oil in a medium to large skillet on medium heat. Brown venison in skillet, cover and stir occasionally.
- After venison has browned, add the carrots, asparagus, onion, baby corn, and mushrooms Then add the soy and crushed red pepper to the mixture.Stir thoroughly.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!