MEADVILLE, Pa. — The fifth annual Lake Erie Maple Expo will be Nov. 11 and 12 in Albion, Pennsylvania.
There will be seven workshops giving the producers a wide variety of topics to choose from. The agenda for the Nov. 11 workshops includes:
- 5/16 Maple Tubing Installation featuring CDL tubing install experts
- Maple Confections and Value Added Maple Products with James Miller and Marge and Bill Phillips.
- A Maple Workshop for Beginners with Laura Dengler and Mark Lewis.
- RO’s for the Small Producer with New York Maple Specialist Stephen Childs
- Installing and Managing 3/16 Tubing With Vermont Maple Producer Glen Goodrich
- Using Maple Syrup Evaluation to Improve Maple Production Practices presented by Les Ober Ohio State University Extension Geauga County.
- Evaluating Your Sugarbush for Production, Health, Thinning and Potential for Taps with Dr. Peter Smallidge, Cornell University Extension forester.
All of these workshops will start at 9 a.m. and conclude at 2 p.m., there is a separate $25 registration fee for the Nov. 11 workshops which includes lunch.
On Nov. 11, the trade show will open at 5 p.m. and will run all day Nov. 12, opening at 8 a.m.
The Nov. 12 program is loaded with 40 topics presented in concurrent sessions held throughout the day. The seminars will start at 9 a.m.
The seminars and trade show will be at the Northwestern High School. The deadline for preregistration will be Oct. 28.
For additional information, visit www.pamaple.org.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!