LISBON, Ohio – The Hanna-Kenty House at 251 E. High St. in Lisbon, Ohio, also known as the Marcus Hanna Boyhood Home, has been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Recognized for its local architectural significance, the house combines two architectural styles: the early 19th century Federal style and the early 20th century Colonial Revival style.
Originally built in 1838 from a design specified in a 15-page contract between builder Samuel Reynolds and owner Leonard Hanna, the house was remodeled in 1907.
Dr. Leonard Hanna was a famed abolitionist and temperance campaigner. His son, Marcus managed President William McKinley’s campaign tours in 1896 and 1900, and was national chairman of the Republican party. In 1898, he was appointed senator and was elected to the position in 1902.
The house is now owned by Mabel Primm.