- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh Ohio strawberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or fruit vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach with sliced strawberries, pecans and cheese.
- Combine the vinegar, shallot, honey, thyme and mustard in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds. Add the oil, salt and pepper and blend for another 30 seconds. Drizzle over the salad and toss until the leaves are coated. Serve immediately.