- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh Ohio strawberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or fruit vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach with sliced strawberries, pecans and cheese.
- Combine the vinegar, shallot, honey, thyme and mustard in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds. Add the oil, salt and pepper and blend for another 30 seconds. Drizzle over the salad and toss until the leaves are coated. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!