- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the bacon, tomatoes and parsley.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 1 dozen.