Submitted by: Toni Pendleton
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thaw it for 3 hours prior to prep.
- 1 pack sliced pepperoni
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 jar pizza sauce, use 1 cup inside the loaf then save the rest for dipping
- 1 large bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Pizza toppings of your choice (chopped onion, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
- 1 beaten egg (to glaze over top of bread)
- Cook sausage then drain grease, set aside.
- On large ungreased cookie sheet, place the thawed bread loaves and shape into a rectangle.
- Down the middle of the loaf begin placing: pizza sauce, pepperoni, sausage, ½ of the mozzarella cheese, optional toppings then set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix the 3 eggs, spices and parmesan cheese. Pour egg mixture over topping mixture inside bread then top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Next you will braid the bread over the pizza toppings. To braid the bread: cut dough at edges on both sides at least 1 inch apart. Bring the ends together in a braid (if any toppings fall out, just tuck them back into the braid). Once all ends have been braided, Brush the top with 1 beaten egg.
- Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until bread is baked through. Cut into diagonal pieces and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!