- 4 cups broccoli (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup nonfat evaporated milk
- 1 cup dehydrated potatoes prepared with 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (like Cheddar or American)
- Combine broccoli, onion, and broth in large sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add milk to soup. Slowly stir in potatoes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in a little more milk or water if soup becomes too thick. If using salt and pepper, add that too.
- Spoon into bowls and top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!