Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (2 cups)
- Fresh sage leaves, minced
- Combine the chicken stock, cream, pasta, squash, shallot, garlic, butter, sage, salt and pepper in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil for 12-15 minutes or until the pasta and squash are tender and sauce begins to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in parmesan until melted. Garnish with sage. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!