- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 9 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add onions and 4 1/2 teaspoons parsley; cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon pulp (save for another use).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons sausage mixture into each half.
- Place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!