- 8 ounces macaroni (about 2 cups)
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon pecan oil
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions, and drain.
- Return to pot, and add sweet potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream and milk; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in fontina 1/4 cup at a time.
- Stir cheese sauce into pasta.
- Transfer macaroni and cheese to a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, pecans and oil; sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!