Ingredients for the Chocolate Crust:
- 1 (14.3-oz) package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, shaved or chopped
Directions for the Chocolate Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 10×15-inch baking sheet with 1 tablespoon melted butter; set aside.
- Throw cookies into food processor and pulse until finely ground. Pour out into mixing bowl and stir in sugar and remaining melted butter until evenly combined. Then pour out onto prepared baking pan and press into even layer; set aside.
Directions for the Pumpkin Filling:
- Whisk together pumpkin purée, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Pour over cookie crust; spreading it out to sides of pan and completely covering the crust.
- Bake until center is set and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Directions for the Topping:
- Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and beat on high with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve pie with dollop of cream on top and a dusting of chocolate shavings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!