Coconut Oat Granola – Topper for Breakfast Bowl
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats, not quick
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- Kiwi slices, desired amount
- Banana slices, desired amount
- Blueberries, desired amount
- Honey, additional coconut, fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the first nine ingredients. Add oats and pumpkin seeds to mix until coated well.
- Spread oat mixture onto prepared pan and pat lightly. Bake and stir halfway through until golden, about 30 minutes.
- While warm, stir in coconut. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- For breakfast bowl, place ½ cup vanilla yogurt in one half of a low profile bowl. Place 1 cup granola on the opposite half. Add sliced kiwi, banana and blueberries. Top with honey, toasted coconut and mint.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!