- Nonstick cooking spray
- (2) 16-ounce packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped red and/or green sweet pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- (1) 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
- (1) 8-ounce tub cream cheese spread with chive and onion or cream cheese spread with garden vegetables
- 1/4 cup milk
- Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place corn in a colander and thaw by running under cool water; drain.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook sweet pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon hot butter until tender.
- Stir in corn and black pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soup, cream cheese spread, and milk.
- Stir soup mixture into corn mixture.
- Transfer to prepared casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Do not thaw corn and omit butter.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine frozen corn, sweet peppers, onion, and black pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together celery soup, cream cheese, and milk.
- Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Makes 12 servings