Submitted by Debra Flinner, of Canton OH
- 1 c. uncooked wild rice, rinsed & drained
- 1c. chopped celery
- 1c. chopped carrots
- 2 4oz. cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 lb. boneless round steak, cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 c. water
- Place ingredients in order listed in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir before serving.
- Variation 1: Brown beef in saucepan with 2 tbsp. oil before adding to slow cooker for deeper flavor.
- Variation 2: Add a bay leaf and 4-6 whole peppercorns to mixture before cooking. Remove before serving.
- Variation 3: Substitute skinless chicken legs and thighs for beef.