Submitted by: Gaye V. Ochs of Leeper, PA
- 5 Dill Pickles, shredded
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 quart water
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 parsley root, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Over overflow heat to avoid browning, saute pickles in 1 teaspoon butter for 20 minutes.
- In another pot, combine water, carrot, celery, parsley, leek and remaining butter; cook for 20 minutes.
- Add potato and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in dill pickle mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and carefully add sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!