Submitted by Karen Crain of Cortland, Ohio
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 lb yellow perch (or other fish) cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 can 15.4 oz cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk~regular or 2%
- 1 15.4 oz can creamed corn
- Cook bacon and reserve two tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Place bacon drippings in large pan that has a cover.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to pan and cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in fish, potatoes, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered about 10 minutes.
- Blend in milk and creamed corn.
- Stir and without boiling, warm until heated through.
- Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!