- 3 cups (1-1/2 pkgs., 12 oz. each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in nuts, if desired, and vanilla.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Use foil to lift fudge out of pan; peel off foil.
- Cut into squares.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- About 2 pounds.
VARIATION: CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZED FUDGE:
- Proceed as above; stir in 2/3 cup peanut Butter Chips in place of nuts.
- Melt 1 cup peanut Butter Chips with 1/2 cup whipping cream; stir until thick and smooth.
- Spread over fudge.