- 1 ear fresh sweet corn
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 ripe Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1/4 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional – Cotija cheese for garnish
- Roast the corn and jalapeño over fire (either on a gas stove or on a grill) until blistered and charred on all sides. (Not burned, please) After cooling for a few minutes, cut the corn off of the cob.
- Chop the avocados then mix in the pico de gallo.
- Seed and mince the roasted jalapeño. Add the jalapeño, fresh lime juice, cilantro, roasted corn, garlic, kosher salt and pepper to the avocado mixture. Adjust seasonings and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!