- 16-20 mushrooms wiped clean (do *not* wash)
- 1/4 C. flour
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 T. minced fresh dill (1 t. dried)
- 1 C. plain bread crumbs
- 3 T. grated Parmesan or Romano
- 1 C. vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and onion powder in a bowl.
- Beat together egg, milk and dill in another bowl.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a third bowl.
- Gently roll the mushrooms in the flour mix, then in the egg/milk mixture, then in the bread crumbs.
- Set on a cake rack for 5-10 minutes to let the breading set.
- Add oil to a hot deep skillet.
- Add mushrooms and fry 30-45 seconds, turn 1/3 for another 30-45 seconds, then the final 1/3 for the same.
- Remove, drain on paper towels, salt to taste and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!